Friday, June 18, 2010

My mother is 87 - has white thin hair but bald on top around crown. We want to cut it. Need help how

Mother has always worn her hair up. Being 87, she wants short cut, but worried about her bald crown. My sister and I are going to cut her hair, but we need some suggestions on what type of hair style we should cut. I have been looking at hairstyles on the internet, but have found nothing. Does anyone out there have any suggestions how we should cut our 87 year old mother's hair? She will not let my sister and I take her to a salon. She has bad health and don't like to go out in the public. (VERY SET IN HER WAYS!!! I told my sister we should just cut short what is there and try not covering up the crown. NO CUTE COMMENTS PLEASE ----



My mother is 87 - has white thin hair but bald on top around crown. We want to cut it. Need help how to cut?

Ok, since your mother is thinning on the top, I would simply cut it chin length....like a bob haircut. That's straight all around.



You need to think of later on when she passes how her hair will look if she will be shown at the viewing. If she has some hair length, the hairdresser will be able to pull some of her hair up from the back and style it on the top of her head giving the illusion of hair there.



I don't mean to be so crude at all. I am a hairdresser and would suggest if she won't go to a salon, you might be able to find someone to come to her home to do the haircut. I have made many housecalls along with my other co-workers and haven't had any problem with doing hair at a client's home.



Hope that helped.



My mother is 87 - has white thin hair but bald on top around crown. We want to cut it. Need help how to cut?

going short is a good idea since thin long hair tends to look stringy.



i would recommend a cut about 1 - 2 inches from the scalp so that u can creat some height where it is needed on the crown area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans