Friday, June 18, 2010

When a person gets older does all of his hair turn Grey/white?

I am not asking this as a joke or to be funny or inappropriate. It is something I have always wondered and have never had the nerve to ask someone in person for obvious reasons. I was just wondering if a person's pubic hair also turns grey/white with age?



When a person gets older does all of his hair turn Grey/white?

Yep.



What causes hair to turn gray/white? Absence of melanocytes, or melanin cells. Hair also becomes thinner and wispier, both "up there" and "down there". Pubic hair tends to go gray/white more slowly than head hair, though.



When a person gets older does all of his hair turn Grey/white?

Some do - some don't - some partial - some bald



When a person gets older does all of his hair turn Grey/white?

Age doesn't entirely determine this, it's probably about equal parts age and genetics. Some people start to go gray really early. I started getting gray hairs in high school, but some people go entirely gray at that age. Some other people may be nearly 90 with very few gray hairs. All the hair can turn gray or not, again it just depends. I've been finding gray hairs in my eyebrows and once in a while in stray facial hairs. I presume that sooner or later it will proceed down the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans