Sunday, November 29, 2009

Ridding of blue/purple hair, going white/blonde?

I have long light blonde hair, but last night I dyed some of my hair blue, purple, red, and pink with Special Effects. I dyed quite a lot actually. And it looks horrible, I want it gone and I want to be white/blonde.



I know the best thing to do would be to go to a salon, but I really can't right now. Not only do I have to do it myself, but I actually kind of want to, so I will know how to in the future.



So even after reading so much today, I still have questions.



WHAT IVE BEEN TOLD TO DO



- Fade color out as much as possible, wash hair a lot, use dish detergent



- Bleach hair



- Wait a week or so and bleach again



- Use toner/developer/dye/soap cap



- Use Shimmer Lights



MY QUESTIONS



- I heard that Special Effects does not fade well or at all, true or false?



- I also heard that bleaching does not get rid of Special Effects all the way, true or false?



- What brand of bleach should I buy?



- What toner/developer/dye/soap cap should I buy?



- If the instructions on how to get rid of the unnatural colors is wrong, what should I really do?



Ridding of blue/purple hair, going white/blonde?

Special effects is very potent stuff. Try to get out all that you can this way prior to any chemicals. Shampoo hair with Redken Hair Cleansing Cream and 6-8 crushed Vit c tablets mixed in. Cover your hair and this mixture with a plastic cap and apply heat for 30-45 min. This can be repeated. Now condition. You should now head to the salon. They are going to very gently and with very low peroxide lighten out the remaining pigment with bleach. If you put just a bleach with a high volume on this you are going to make this situation more difficult to get out- I don't have time in this small space to go into all the chemical reasons why... I understand you feel that you can't afford a salon- look in the mirror- I think you can figure out a way to get to one. Best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans